Rinconez is open to awards from Readers as recognition for doing something well. It is the objective of Rinconez to present thought provoking content to which readers can relate. It is an honor and humbling to be recognized by any reader through an award nomination, by a comment on a post or through feedback by way of the Contact Form.
Every effort will be made to update this page with new information as new interesting discoveries or events occur. Nominations per the rules of new award nominees by Rinconez will be communicated to the nominees and mentioned via a new post when nominated.
- Nominated by Clarissa from An Offbeat Bluestocking
- Thank the person who nominated and link back to their blog.
- Display the Liebster Award on your blog.
- Share 11 random facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers for the award,
by asking them 11 new questions or the same questions you were asked.
- Make sure to let the bloggers know you’ve nominated them!
- And don’t forget to copy the rules into your post!
Versatile Blogger Award
- Nominated by Kaushal from Expressive Human at 27 Writers
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy — if you can figure out how to do it.
- Next, select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly. ( I would add, pick blogs or bloggers that are excellent!)
- Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to the original site.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Loyal Dragon Award
- Nominated by Annie from What The Woman Wrote
- Display the award on your blog.
- Announce your win with a post and link the blogger who nominated you.
- Present 6 deserving bloggers with the award.
- Link your nominations in the post.
- Write 7 interesting things about you.
Liebster Award Tidbits about Elizabeth Zertuche
- I enjoy swimming in a pool for its tranquil, “back to the womb” sensation.
- I wish I could play Klezmer Music on the clarinet, but I fear I would have to practice.
- I can crochet, a little, but even after many lessons from my grandmother, I can not knit.
- I believe I sing best on Sundays at church, call it Divine Intervention.
- The three tabby cats at home have voted to continue to let me live with them.
- After several months of cross-fit style training, I can now jump/leap unto a park bench.
- I am an engineer, but not the kind that makes, designs or fixes things.
- I wish I could hail a taxi cab with a single whistle through my fingers, but until then, I’ll use Uber.
- I prefer the taste of Mexican Coca-Cola over the US version, but Cherry Coke is still my favorite.
- Sometimes, I catch myself trying to talk in my sleep, but I can NOT make out what I am trying to say.
- I can see the Rabbit in the Moon as well as the Man in the Moon, but they can’t see each other.
Versatile Blogger Award Tidbits about Elizabeth Zertuche
- I once sang on a morning radio show in order to win tickets to a country music concert.
- I went whale watching in very choppy waters on a three hour tour. There may or may not have been a Professor, a Movie Star or a Millionaire on board.
- Once while driving through the mountains, a cow standing across the road blocked my way. The cow would not move out of the way. It began to snow so I drove around it.
- I often found the howling of wolves at night unnerving, especially as I would walk across the parking lot to my car.
- The last time I went skiing, I only made it halfway down the mountain. I was given a ride down the rest of the way by on a ski resort ski mobile.
- I believe in layers as crucial to a story and for surviving the winter months.
- One of the reasons I joined Twitter was to practice writing short sentences.
Loyal Dragon Award Tidbits about Elizabeth Zertuche
- The ethereal nature of clouds fascinates me. They are the primary reason I look up to the sky.
- I love to drive, preferring to drive a car with a manual transmission over one with an automatic transmission, even on long road trips.
- My favorite time of day is the hour before sunrise. I feel at peace during the stillness of time before the world comes alive.
- My most creative ideas seem to come to me when I am the most relaxed or when deep in conversation. Sometimes, all three events happen at the samw time!
- I enjoy cycling for leisure more than for exercise. I like to focus on the wind in my face rather than the burn in my thighs.
- I am a fan of musicals made into movies, even ones starring Elvis Presley. OK. I confess, especially the ones starring Elvis Presley.
- I will ride a roller coaster with loops but not one with steep drops. I do not enjoy the sensation of falling but for some reason have no problem with hanging upside down.